Wednesday, February 23, 2005

10 Pound Weight

Hoping that I don't cross over the mommy blog line I must now talk about a baby for a little bit. When I go for my follow up appointment with the internal medicine doc one of these days He is going to ask me about exercise and I can say I've been carrying around about ten pounds. It's not really exercise no matter how tired my arms my feel after words. The muscles aren't being flex and relaxed just held in positions for as long as it takes because baby girl often needs a lot of attention.

The grandmother (my mother) often volunteers to watch baby girl as that sort of thing is a gradmother's bread and butter. She can happily spend hours sitting on the couch with baby girl snuggled up on her chest. When baby girl starts to cry its a different story. Uncle (me) is called in. The diabetic retinopathy leaves grandmother unable to be confident in where she is walking. She is unwilling to get up and do the baby sway and walk that helps soothe crying baby girl. Uncles vision (corrected with glasses) is perfect. He can walk dance rock the hips and sing stupid songs like the popular "baby girl is going to make me sing to her for the next five hours" and "oh my what a set of lungs you have" and of course My arms are really really tired but you don't care about that do you."

I've noticed that I am somewhat more adapt at getting baby girl to calm down than her parents are. It is not really a a fault they have so much as a fault all parents have. Ultimately they are responsible for the child. This weighs heavy on them. Crying baby is upsetting. Crying baby girl makes the parents sleep fitfully. I have the calm of knowing that no matter how much baby girl kicks and screams while I'm trying to get her back to something resembling peaceful silence, in the end I get to give her back to mom and dad for the important stuff like food diapers education an scaring of teenage predatory boys. In comparison dealing with crying baby girl for a few hours here and there is a small sacrifice.

The very bad video that grandfather is getting of uncle with his new digital video recorder is another story. I may never be able to hunt down and destroy all the copies before people see me acting the fool for baby girl. Or worse yet the zoom shot from behind my head in the very brightly lit room wear my scalp doesn't so much show through my thinning hair so much as magnificently shine through for all the world to see.

In summary Child lifting seems like exercise. No teenage girl worries for me. I either need a haircut or to just do the entire creepy bald white guy thing. I'm hoping very short hair will work.

3 Comments:

Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Other peoples' babies and pizza--two supreme joys in life.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

That's sweet. When are you going to post some pics on EveryDay Absurd?

5:25 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

The only people pictures I have on the site are of myself and mayeb complete strangers. Dont really want to explain to my bro why I would want to put pictures of his daughter on the net.

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home