Saturday, July 03, 2004

Game Review: Arx Fatalis

I'm playing Arx Fatalis on my Xbox. It was a $20 purchase so I didn't expect much. There's no Autosave or level save so when you die after an hour of play only to realize you haven't saved recently it can be frustrating. I like it. The Game fills the hours well. It takes a long time to explore every little aspect which I see as a positive not everbody does. The game designers couldn't avoid the puzzle solving stuff so typical of this game genre. The designers think that any reasonable person should easily solve their puzzles. What they seem to forget is that we play games to kill time, not to try and figure out game designer logic. The graphics kinda suck for an xbox game but things make great creepy noises and scare the urine right out of you from time to time. Definitely worth buying if you like RPGs that give you some playing time but I'd make sure to get it off the cheap rack.

More Laters



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home