Thursday, July 01, 2004

DVD Review: Badder Santa

We don't get to the theatre much especially now that mom is having vision problems. There is also the money thing. Three adult tickets to almost anything will surely run you close to $21. You add in snacks and stuff and you've just given up a huge chunk of change for little value. Most DVDs are priced in the $19.99 range and you can get snacks from the fridge. The savings are obvious and you can keep the movie or watch as it disappears off your shelf into the collections of thieving friends and family. My point is we usually watch things at home and six months after the fact. My reviews probably wont be timely so I'll make up for it by keeping em short.

Badder Santa: I thought it was hilarious, the old man thought it had it's moments but didn't really care for it and as mom can't really see all that well she didn't catch much of the visual comedy so she wasn't all that impressed. Billy Bob does some of his best acting just looking at people. He really pulls of drunken self loathing. Tony Cox is downright vulgar. Lauren Graham made me think, "Hmm maybe I could watch this Gilmore girls thing without the sound just to see her in something more revealing perhaps ok maybe that isn't exactly masculine maybe I should just stop thinking about this." Bernie Mac's part is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. While John Ritter is funnyin every scene that he is in one can detect his absence in the later half of the movie. The knowledge of his demise makes it kinda stand out. It might be that this version is longer. Never saw plain old Bad Santa so I couldn't tell yas for sure. Finally the kid has his moments but I gotta say I hope he loses some weight as he gets older he's freaking huge. It was smart dark comedy definitely worth seeing.

More Laters

3 Comments:

Blogger Shy said...

bubba ho-tep. it has Elvis and a mummy. it also has John Kennedy. based off of Joe R. Lansdale's short story, the truth about what happened to Elvis is revealed. i don't really care for kennedy. i don't get him...but the way kennedy is portrayed in this film is pretty cool. i can't say much more without giving away the movie....just that it has both Elvis and a Mummy.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Shy said...

oh and be sure to see it if you haven't......here's a quote just to let you all get the feel for the film:

I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife Priscilla and bust it by jackin' off. Or I'd like to think that's what I'd do. Dreams let you think like that. Truth was, I hadn't had a hard-on in years.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Shy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home