Polite Society
When did it become acceptable to just shove past people and yell, "Excuse me" in their ear as you pass. We went grocery shopping today. If you go during the afternoon its all parents and children after school or day care. Every one is tired at this time of day and life. That's not when we went. We picked the retired persons happy hour of 11 am. The place was packed with awkwardly dressed seniors and not one of em in a good mood. There was no getting to the deli counter. It was mobbed with people yelling, "I'm next" or "How much was the Oscar Meyer" and of course "But the advertisement has it listed 5 cents a pound less." I got many dirty looks from people as I'm holding my Mothers hand, making sure she doesn't trip on anything, guiding her around the store at a rather slow pace. These feinds in silver hair just assume we are mocking them. The check out lines: another disaster. The fiends ordering the baggers and checkers about like their personal servants. "You cant stack it like that," and "Don't put so much in one bag" and imperiously, "I'll need someone to walk this out to my car." Mine, Mine doi it for me. I'm entitled.
More Laters
More Laters















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home