Thursday, July 01, 2004

Radio Vs. Television

So here's the thing. I'm still listening to Roe Conn in the afternoons and I'm growing increasingly agitated. Dude is arrogant and he subscribes to the tell people what you want them to believe theory. According to Roe: The President doesn't even have to try. He has got the election tied up. Kerry might as well throw in the towel and get a face lift while he's at it. David Letterman and every other late night host, excepting King of mediocrity Jay Leno(No link for him. He's terrible!), makes the president look bad on a daily basis. Every bit of television news shows the President in a bad light. Records are probably being broken in the amount of money being spent to make sure George W. Bush is not reelected. Cheney is booed in public. None of this matters to Mr. Roe Conn. Mr. Conn has gotta support the man who is giving tax breaks to people who make millions of dollars to speak on the radio for four hours a day, five days a week. You know Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are probably saying the same thing swearing up and down that President Bush will win. (They get links because they can be somewhat entertaining if taken in moderation. Not usually during election season. They are pretty full of themselves right now).

For the most part I can't stand election season. The television ads are condescending and treat the voters like 2 year olds. The ads play over and over too. It makes me long to see a pharmaceutical ad or perhaps something for a feminine hygiene product. Then there is the fact while I certainly don't want President Bush to win, I don't want Kerry either. We didn't see one Kerry ad during the primary because our votes weren't important. People standing in rooms in Iowa raising there hands had more of a say in who the Democractic Nominee is than we did in Illinois and that just about drives me up the wall. We didn't get a champion of the working man and women, or a great statesman, we got the least objectionable of a group bland candidates. Kerry won his place by making the least amount of mistakes.

I tell yas what. I'd go door to door talking to people and working hard for a candidate who would actively work for changes in the election laws so that all primaries occur on the same day. Maybe a two day voting period where election sites would be open for the entire 48 hours and people could come in whenever it is convenient for them to vote. Then all the votes could be tallied on the third day we could make a freaking holiday week out of it election. Might as well have drinking and dancing and days off of work to go and vote!

So the radio has Bush winning and The TV stations are rooting for Kerry. I can't stand either of em and it's my own fault for not getting involved in the electoral process.

More Laters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home