Adventures In Cyberspace
So the Myspace Experiment continues. I've learned that almost anyone I've ever known under the age of say 35 who is even the slightest bit techno savvy (can use a web browser without too much instruction) probably has a myspace page. They may log into daily, monthly or yearly, but at one point or another he or she sat down and filled in a few blanks and then went searching for old friends and or enemies. If only I could remember peoples names.
I know I'm not alone in this. There are tons of people out of my past whose names are almost magically erased from my memories. Or worse yet I know their first names or nick names. I can't really go into a search engine and type in Stacy or Sandra and find exactly the women who used to frequent my bar. I certainly cannot type in "the dirty ogre" and expect to find a man whose first name I think may have been Adam. They may be part of this myspace internet domination scheme, but I would never know.
So when I got tired of trying to find people I knew I started looking at bands. Most old school bands are either not part of it or have some fan group who run their page. Modern artists seem to jump on this platform to speak directly to their fans. Moby will have blog something almost every day. Weird Al uses his page to show his fans his latest videos. Perhaps the most interesting part of this aspect is one can start checking out the pages of the people the musicians consider their top "friends" and be introduced to some pretty cool music.
So when I got bored with music I, of course, had to start looking up stars of the adult film industry. (Nothing says geek who lives with his parents like a guy who can actually name adult film stars, their most memorable works and what types of work they are primarily known for). Holy nekkid jackpot batman. The adult film industry is all over the myspace. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. They were the first to use vhs and dvd and the first money makers on the internet. I suppose I had read to many stories about teenagers using myspace and facebook to realize that they weren't alone in that world.
Anyway these stars of adult film cannot post any nekkid pictures on the myspace, so they try to direct you to their personal websites where one can pay so many dollars a month for membership to see all old and new nekkid stuff and what not. As a poor man I, of course reluctantly ignore these offers.
Then one of my new myspace "friends" posted a link to yet another blog / photo hosting site Cherry Tap. Heck even the name is suggestive. Not only are nekkid pictures allowed. They are encouraged! One only needs to put them in a folder that is marked adult content. Holy free amateur nekkid time batman. To make matters even more interesting. It is possible to "rate" people's photographs. They say this is anonymous, but it isn't really. The owner of the photograph can see who has viewed their pictures and can make a reasonable guess as to who has rated their photos. (I gave some guy's anti - Kerry photo a 1 out of ten and as 1 of two people who had viewed the photo he correctly guessed it was me and retaliated with a similar rating to the classic Rich holding a pie photo). So it is kind of like American Idle meets myspace except with a whole ton of cleavage shots thrown in for good measure. (I almost forgot to mention the typical fat man /woman extreme close up shot of the head, except with the woman its the head and the massive chest).
So this will be my fascination / obession , at least for a little while. I've added a link to the right hand column of this page so that if you decide to join me in this gross display of voyeurism, y'all will automatically start out as my "friend."
More Laters
I know I'm not alone in this. There are tons of people out of my past whose names are almost magically erased from my memories. Or worse yet I know their first names or nick names. I can't really go into a search engine and type in Stacy or Sandra and find exactly the women who used to frequent my bar. I certainly cannot type in "the dirty ogre" and expect to find a man whose first name I think may have been Adam. They may be part of this myspace internet domination scheme, but I would never know.
So when I got tired of trying to find people I knew I started looking at bands. Most old school bands are either not part of it or have some fan group who run their page. Modern artists seem to jump on this platform to speak directly to their fans. Moby will have blog something almost every day. Weird Al uses his page to show his fans his latest videos. Perhaps the most interesting part of this aspect is one can start checking out the pages of the people the musicians consider their top "friends" and be introduced to some pretty cool music.
So when I got bored with music I, of course, had to start looking up stars of the adult film industry. (Nothing says geek who lives with his parents like a guy who can actually name adult film stars, their most memorable works and what types of work they are primarily known for). Holy nekkid jackpot batman. The adult film industry is all over the myspace. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. They were the first to use vhs and dvd and the first money makers on the internet. I suppose I had read to many stories about teenagers using myspace and facebook to realize that they weren't alone in that world.
Anyway these stars of adult film cannot post any nekkid pictures on the myspace, so they try to direct you to their personal websites where one can pay so many dollars a month for membership to see all old and new nekkid stuff and what not. As a poor man I, of course reluctantly ignore these offers.
Then one of my new myspace "friends" posted a link to yet another blog / photo hosting site Cherry Tap. Heck even the name is suggestive. Not only are nekkid pictures allowed. They are encouraged! One only needs to put them in a folder that is marked adult content. Holy free amateur nekkid time batman. To make matters even more interesting. It is possible to "rate" people's photographs. They say this is anonymous, but it isn't really. The owner of the photograph can see who has viewed their pictures and can make a reasonable guess as to who has rated their photos. (I gave some guy's anti - Kerry photo a 1 out of ten and as 1 of two people who had viewed the photo he correctly guessed it was me and retaliated with a similar rating to the classic Rich holding a pie photo). So it is kind of like American Idle meets myspace except with a whole ton of cleavage shots thrown in for good measure. (I almost forgot to mention the typical fat man /woman extreme close up shot of the head, except with the woman its the head and the massive chest).
So this will be my fascination / obession , at least for a little while. I've added a link to the right hand column of this page so that if you decide to join me in this gross display of voyeurism, y'all will automatically start out as my "friend."
More Laters















1 Comments:
Interesting site. I signed up and will check it out.
If you want to try yet another site that is similar to myspace but pays you to participate (through PayPal), you might want to check out http://www.mylot.com/?ref=ChewySpree
So far I have made $28.44 in just under a month, spending about 1/2 hour to an hour on it a day.
Post a Comment
<< Home