Friday, September 09, 2005

shit fire and save matches

Oprah: Imagine being the airline worker who checked in the 9/11 terrorists.

Guy: I got an instant chill when I looked at him. When I saw these people...when I saw these people jump in our buildings, I just lost it.

Oprah: Do you still blame yourself?
(I didn’t get the guys quote exact, but I got Oprah’s question exact)

For fucks sake Oprah, what kind of question is that? What the fuck? Recently, I decided to stop swearing so much to avoid having it slip during an interview or worse. But seriously, what the fuck???!

I used to think, that for the most part, Oprah wasn't the worst of our worries. Sure, she exploited people, but she did give them money and tried to help out (all the while gaining fame..but as i said, there were worse people than Oprah). But now, I ….I’m speechless. This woman has some nerve. She has the sheer audacity to ask this man if he blames himself for not acting on gut instinct. Shit fire and save matches. He’s a human fucking being. Of course he does. There’s a little thing called hindsight. And in our hindsight, we remember our previously ignored foresight. Enough said. The woman has no ethics. Perhaps i should have realized this earlier? more of that hindsight business.

I do have to admit that I haven’t seen the show yet, but (1. I don’t watch Oprah. (2. I don’t believe it airs until Monday, (3. I don’t need to watch the show to know that that question is perverse. I don’t need to hear the context of the question to know that that question, in any context outside of a psychologists office, is off the beam.

Next thing we know, Jesse Jackson is going to be suing this guy for the wrongful deaths of all of the African Americans who perished on 9/11. Did I take that too far? Maybe I did. But I really loathe that man (and wish that he would go and spontaneously combust already), so the comment is staying because I wouldn’t put it past him. Seriously, this guy was claiming that the President had waited 5 days after the flooding before sending aid when five days hadn't gone buy yet. STFU Jesse Jackson.

What next?

8 Comments:

Blogger phrainck said...

I find myself trying to walk the fine line of not playing the "blame game" but trying to figure out the truth of what really happened.

At the base of it all, there was a category 5 storm that hit ground, and for some things, there is no amount of preparation that could have made things better. But there was a lot that could have been done, too.

What pisses me off the most is the half-truthes and disinformation that both sides are spewing. Neither side seems to have figured out that no one comes out clean when they're throwing shit at each other. All they seem interested in is making sure their opponent looks dirtier than they do...

9:59 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Holy flaming excrament batman.

My first thought was to go in and (explicative deleted) the curse words, but I'm afraid that would alter the tone of what the Shy is saying. It's not like I object to so called "obscene" words anyway. I just try to avoid giving people that excuse to dismiss my words. Here the Shy effectively uses them to establish her anger and frustration.

The entire Oprah angel network thing seems more about a opportunity for famous people to be seen doing good deeds than actually good deeds being done. Yes people are being helped but there is a complete loss of dignity in the way they are taking advantage of the moment.

A lot of Chicagoans (not all) see the reverend as powerbroker who relies on strong arm tactics. Ever since he had budwiser set up his son with the distrubtership you would be hard pressed to find white adult over the age of say 40 who believes he is really interested in anything but maintaining (and expanding)his own power base.

I'm appaled at the way the reverend has villified the term refugee. It seems to me he does more the maintain a racial divide than to heal it.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Shy said...

thanks for understanding my need for explicatives. back in i think december, i had a post titled something like that: "insert explicative here" (or something--too lazy to look it up). sometimes i need them to further express myself and no thesaurus can help me. other times, i can select pg13 words.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Shy said...

phraink
those people bug me too. always flinging mud around to hide their own dirty hands.

sweetpotato
i know she isn't completely heartless. she does try on her own level, but she's in her own world. normally, i just ignore her, but when i saw that commercial (at the top of my entry), i just lost it though. too far.

12:41 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

I do think Oprah started out as kind of low brow entertainment, then tried to be something different, but is now sinking back down. Really, that is just a disgusting questoin. Do you still blame yourself??

1:23 PM  
Blogger Cyn said...

I have always felt sorry for those who had contact with the highjackers before the events of 9-11.

The cop who pulled over one of their cars a day before, the guy in the security photo operating the metal detector, even the strippers they partied with. It must be a huge weight to carry knowing you might have been able to do something if only "we the people" had the same information our government thought too sensitive for our innocent eyes.

Sorry, got sidetracked for a moment. Shit still pisses me off.

Oprah asking the obvious?

Oprah = parasite.

4:42 PM  
Blogger dom said...

Oprah has lost the plot , why ask such fucking questions ? ,She should stick to asking fat bastards why their honey cheated on them and have a few more Springer like fisticuffs!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to like Oprah, too, but that was before she became the Messiah. It's pretty hard to watch her show now. Glad I missed that one.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home