Water Is
Remember The Tao of Pooh the book by Benjamin Hoff where the story and world of Pooh Bear are used as a metaphor for the Taoism philosophy. I only read it once maybe ten years ago and that was a borrowed copy but the memory of the phrase "Pooh Is" sticks with me.
So why am I talking about Pooh bear? Well mostly I wanted to talk about water and how incredibly boring it is but a title of "Water Is Boring" just didn't work for me. It would be like "Life Sucks" or something similarly cliche and empty. Chop off the word boring and suddenly you have a profound title, "Water Is" and I get to talk about good books and teddy bears and everybody is cool with that. But now lets get back to water.
The doctors and the smart people tell us we should drink like eight cups of the stuff every day. The only time I can honestly say I enjoy the stuff is when I'm half dehydrated from being out in the sun. Any other time given the option Of drinking water or waiting for something better to come along I will usually wait.
We are mostly water and it sustains us yet in and of itself it is unexciting. Heat it up and pour it through some leaves or ground beans and you have a soothing beverage. And sugar, yeast and flavoring and hello alcohol goodness (with the proper storage and waiting period). Add sugar carbonation and cola flavoring and you pretty much rob it of the god it does your body but oh how tasty it is and oh how quickly it gives you those gum line cavities.
Show me a lake or pool and I'm a happy guy. Mass quantities of water make for happy fun jumping about and aimless floating. Though add fishes and stuff and I start to get a bit creeped out and add salt and you have those utterly massive bodies of water that make the continents look like small in comparison. There's also tides, surf strange weather patterns Florida getting destroyed by hurricanes every couple years and monster tsunami waves that jump up and swallow parts of the earth whole on occasion. Awe inspiring stuff really. I still cant be excited about drinking a plain bottle of water. I'm going to get a diet coke.
More Laters
So why am I talking about Pooh bear? Well mostly I wanted to talk about water and how incredibly boring it is but a title of "Water Is Boring" just didn't work for me. It would be like "Life Sucks" or something similarly cliche and empty. Chop off the word boring and suddenly you have a profound title, "Water Is" and I get to talk about good books and teddy bears and everybody is cool with that. But now lets get back to water.
The doctors and the smart people tell us we should drink like eight cups of the stuff every day. The only time I can honestly say I enjoy the stuff is when I'm half dehydrated from being out in the sun. Any other time given the option Of drinking water or waiting for something better to come along I will usually wait.
We are mostly water and it sustains us yet in and of itself it is unexciting. Heat it up and pour it through some leaves or ground beans and you have a soothing beverage. And sugar, yeast and flavoring and hello alcohol goodness (with the proper storage and waiting period). Add sugar carbonation and cola flavoring and you pretty much rob it of the god it does your body but oh how tasty it is and oh how quickly it gives you those gum line cavities.
Show me a lake or pool and I'm a happy guy. Mass quantities of water make for happy fun jumping about and aimless floating. Though add fishes and stuff and I start to get a bit creeped out and add salt and you have those utterly massive bodies of water that make the continents look like small in comparison. There's also tides, surf strange weather patterns Florida getting destroyed by hurricanes every couple years and monster tsunami waves that jump up and swallow parts of the earth whole on occasion. Awe inspiring stuff really. I still cant be excited about drinking a plain bottle of water. I'm going to get a diet coke.
More Laters















1 Comments:
I dont drink enough water
i just do iced coffee aned tea
maybe sip some water
but then I LOVE baths, and swimming
Post a Comment
<< Home