Unemployment Upside
Anyone who as seen the classic work Friday will remember the scene where the character Smokey (and I paraphrase not quote as I don't know the lines verbatim) "It's Friday. You ain't got no job. You ain't got (scatalogical explicative deleted) to do. I'm going to get you high! (elongated and stressed so that the word high lasts almost 2 seconds)."
Now while I wont be spending the day under the dubious pleasure of the green leaf I do like to rub it in every once in a while that while everyone else getting up at the butt crack of dawn to get ready for the daily grind I'm just settling down with a good book and thinking about going to sleep. While you work I will be chopping logs. When you get home exhausted I'll be wandering out of bed to a nice bowl of cereal.
Sure I don't have health insurance or money or a social life. It's is absolutely true that I don't have a dime put away towards my old age fiscal security (note I don't say retirement. It will be a work until you drop world once I hit "retirement age" and work for lousy wages doing menial jobs). Yes my resume gap becomes dangerously l longer with month flipped by on the calendar. If I were one to care about clothing one might even say that my wardrobe is now hopelessly out of date. And yes all of these problems will still be there on Saturday.
But
It's Friday and I ain't got no job. And most of you do! I'm going to do a little happy dance right now at five in the morning and wish y'all a tolerable day at work. Ha ha!
More Laters (after the Happy Dance)
Now while I wont be spending the day under the dubious pleasure of the green leaf I do like to rub it in every once in a while that while everyone else getting up at the butt crack of dawn to get ready for the daily grind I'm just settling down with a good book and thinking about going to sleep. While you work I will be chopping logs. When you get home exhausted I'll be wandering out of bed to a nice bowl of cereal.
Sure I don't have health insurance or money or a social life. It's is absolutely true that I don't have a dime put away towards my old age fiscal security (note I don't say retirement. It will be a work until you drop world once I hit "retirement age" and work for lousy wages doing menial jobs). Yes my resume gap becomes dangerously l longer with month flipped by on the calendar. If I were one to care about clothing one might even say that my wardrobe is now hopelessly out of date. And yes all of these problems will still be there on Saturday.
But
It's Friday and I ain't got no job. And most of you do! I'm going to do a little happy dance right now at five in the morning and wish y'all a tolerable day at work. Ha ha!
More Laters (after the Happy Dance)















5 Comments:
my boss isnt here....i should get high...
If it weren't for that pesky little thing called homelessness....damn.
Yes the homelssness thing if only I could find away to that I could finance this lifestayle plus all the insurance and waling around money and a place of my own without actually having to work. Hmmmmmm. heh
I'm so jealous. I should quit my job and move into my parents' house. I have actually thought about it. The wouldn't even notice. They're never there, they're always out on their Harley.
No rent and a Harley to sit on and take pictures with (I ain't riding it with my motor skills it would be instant brain donor) Get me a leather vest three sizes too small and a "mom" tatoo!
Post a Comment
<< Home