Production Season
Yes it's that time of year. Mardi Gras marks the beginning and usually it ends shortly after Easter. It can only be the official Girls Gone Wild production season. College Coeds cheat borrow and beg there way down to some sunny warm local for a bit of relaxation and a bit of craziness. People claim they are letting loose after the intense pressure of midterms (yeah the hard life of having to go to class four to six hours a day sleeping in as often as humanly possible and eating as much junk food as one can fit in a foam carry out dish. The horror).
Mom and Dad are so proud of their "B" and "C" students they foot the bill or as often as not a credit card and a few dollars of that college loan go a long way towards advancing the student into the adult world of life time debt and high interest rates. School gives brief respite and the kids waste on time making complete and utter fools of themselves the likes of which they have seen time and again on the twenty minute girls gone wild infomercials that play on the free cable they have piped into their dorms (not exactly free figured into the cost of the tuition but at a fraction of the rate as the cable people know that they need to hook em early so that the first thing people hook up at a new residence is the cable). Girls lift up their shirts for a couple bucks or just because everyone else is (and are their professional models seed to encourage the others? I'd take that bet). Guys encourage their girlfriends to hop the stage and join the wet t- shirt contest. Some of the of the more hardcore producers try to get footage of students in the act.
And everyone signs a waver. Just sign this piece of paper and don't bother reading it and lets not worry if mom or dad or baby will see the advertisements of the shirt at the chin and the girl jumping up and down screaming her head off. This kind of embarrassment is transient. Really just ask any stripper turned porn star.
Now being a lecherous dirty old man in training I of course approve of this kind of behavior whole heartedly. Give me a couple grand and a spot on the film crew and I could have a happy couple months every year. Still I could see how this kind of thing might be upsetting to a parent. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Let us not forget the over indulgence of drugs and alcohol the lack of sleep and the group / mob mentality of poor decisions that lead to injury and loss of life every spring break. What parent lets their child do this? I have no idea. I just know they are made of stern stuff. I could never do it. I'd tie the kid up in their room every year and tell em it was for their own good. Maybe give em a box of hostess cupcakes. Mmmmm cupcakes.
More Laters
Mom and Dad are so proud of their "B" and "C" students they foot the bill or as often as not a credit card and a few dollars of that college loan go a long way towards advancing the student into the adult world of life time debt and high interest rates. School gives brief respite and the kids waste on time making complete and utter fools of themselves the likes of which they have seen time and again on the twenty minute girls gone wild infomercials that play on the free cable they have piped into their dorms (not exactly free figured into the cost of the tuition but at a fraction of the rate as the cable people know that they need to hook em early so that the first thing people hook up at a new residence is the cable). Girls lift up their shirts for a couple bucks or just because everyone else is (and are their professional models seed to encourage the others? I'd take that bet). Guys encourage their girlfriends to hop the stage and join the wet t- shirt contest. Some of the of the more hardcore producers try to get footage of students in the act.
And everyone signs a waver. Just sign this piece of paper and don't bother reading it and lets not worry if mom or dad or baby will see the advertisements of the shirt at the chin and the girl jumping up and down screaming her head off. This kind of embarrassment is transient. Really just ask any stripper turned porn star.
Now being a lecherous dirty old man in training I of course approve of this kind of behavior whole heartedly. Give me a couple grand and a spot on the film crew and I could have a happy couple months every year. Still I could see how this kind of thing might be upsetting to a parent. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Let us not forget the over indulgence of drugs and alcohol the lack of sleep and the group / mob mentality of poor decisions that lead to injury and loss of life every spring break. What parent lets their child do this? I have no idea. I just know they are made of stern stuff. I could never do it. I'd tie the kid up in their room every year and tell em it was for their own good. Maybe give em a box of hostess cupcakes. Mmmmm cupcakes.
More Laters















2 Comments:
Hmmm...now, if your college experience was anything like mine, I think if you reach back into your memory you will find that you did far more stuff that would disturb the hell out of your parents (including stuff that was the result of indulging in foreign substances, lack of sleep and mob mentality) during the regular semester...spring break was just a few days of stupidity.
Oh I'd go far as to say that the vast majority of my twenties would disturb not only my parents but myself If I could remember every little bit (oh and nothing like that shudder of horror when remeniscing and going over a funny story in your mind you realize the very not funny dangerous aspects of it that you are now surprised you lived through). I just didn't feel like reading through all the headlines at fark for something to rant about. Sometimes its hard to think up a funny goofy thing you haven't gone on about at length and settle for talking about smut in all its glory.
Post a Comment
<< Home