Monday, March 21, 2005

Spring, What Spring?

So what ever happened to spring. I've noticed that for the last few years I've gone directly from wearing layers of clothes even indoors all winter through April or may and then overnight it is shorts and t - shirt weather again.


I liked spring. You could wear cool stuff like a biker leather jacket (not that I ever owned one) or a denim jacket (back patch optional (possibly not so cool but heavy nostalgia factor)). Spring was an escape from the confines of winter. It was a time when you could stroll about care free and not worry about being completely baked under the sun.

Now we get this freezing week followed by a nice cool day and then another northern chill blows in. The hokey local weather guys say stuff like, "Enjoy the night because this isn't going to last ..." and then the anchors make bad jokes blaming the weather on the meteorologist. My entire wardrobe is in disarray as I never know If I'll need the woolen socks, the light t - shirt or maybe a fleece (ok that is a lie my wardrobe is always in complete disarray.

Is this global warming? That is science beyond my understanding and I'd rather be more paranoid in my belief. I know it is not part of my Master Plan (To Take Over The World) nor any working of the Gmail Illuminati (The (Not So) Secret Masters of the Internet) whom I'm thinking of disbanding anyways as everyone and their brother now has fifty gmail invites.

Perhaps its our Alien Overlords making the climate more suitable to their needs. Perhaps it is the workings of some powerful deity angered by our lack of faith. Perhaps it is the work of Mr. Freeze of Batman fame. Maybe it is a not so powerful deity who is just rather annoyed with us. Are mad scientists at work. Can this be blamed on Ford? Chevy? Enron? Martha Stewart and her evil empire of fashion. (Two seasons are much easier to plan for than 4).

When will the lazy fat man be able to walk about the neighbor hood without risking his extremities to the weather? Have they started planting already down state? Have any crops been lost? Will Pa have to sell the farm? (oh no!) Do I know anyone living in a tropical place? How about just a warm place with perhaps some beaches and half nekkid people strolling about?

More Laters

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Posted twice!

2:02 AM  
Blogger Trillian said...

I miss spring, too. I miss the long period of hope that spring brings with it. I miss puddles and galoshes and bright rain jackets.

I like it when neither the furnace nor the air conditioner needs to be on, and you can open your window to catch a breeze.

Sigh. Nekkid people watching on a beach would be good also.

8:46 AM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

I hate not being able to disguise unsightly winter weight gain with heavy sweaters.

But I do love spring otherwise.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home