Short Short Sleepy Whine
Ok I just can not go to sleep a night without blogging, but this is going to be a weak tired rant and I wouldn't blame you for skipping it.
Ok. If The West Wing doesn't deliver on the promise of Alan Alda soon I'm just going to have to call it quits with this show. I was dragged in with the promise of a lively cast change and something like 6 episodes into the season and no Alan Alda yet. This is my last regular television show. We don't have cable and it seems everything else on the networks is either reality or the unfunny terror that is known as the sitcom. I've lost interest in ER. Lost is somewhat interesting but I just can't see how long they can keep going with this premise without it turning into gilligans island. Vegas has become a guest star bonanza. That's all they got guest stars and an incredible amount of cleavage. (And while I'm a fan of cleavage I prefer it up close and personal I want more acting out of my TV dramas). All the CSI's are over done. Law and Order has seen its day. I would watch Scrubs if it wasn't' blocked in by crap television. There is nothing good left on broadcast television! West Wing must deliver or all those advertisers can kiss my unemployed non consumer self where the sun don't shine.
Speaking of consumerism. Check out Adbusters. Friday is Buy Nothing Day! As I have no cash it isn't hard for me to participate. Though you wont actually catch me out there mocking shoppers. I'll mock em from here. Silly consumers. Heck I'll Even put up a nifty banner.
Notice I don't even put up the Amazon book images like that. No book links. No reading suggestions. Have fun this holiday weekend. You might want to check out the new Foamy.
More Laters
Ok. If The West Wing doesn't deliver on the promise of Alan Alda soon I'm just going to have to call it quits with this show. I was dragged in with the promise of a lively cast change and something like 6 episodes into the season and no Alan Alda yet. This is my last regular television show. We don't have cable and it seems everything else on the networks is either reality or the unfunny terror that is known as the sitcom. I've lost interest in ER. Lost is somewhat interesting but I just can't see how long they can keep going with this premise without it turning into gilligans island. Vegas has become a guest star bonanza. That's all they got guest stars and an incredible amount of cleavage. (And while I'm a fan of cleavage I prefer it up close and personal I want more acting out of my TV dramas). All the CSI's are over done. Law and Order has seen its day. I would watch Scrubs if it wasn't' blocked in by crap television. There is nothing good left on broadcast television! West Wing must deliver or all those advertisers can kiss my unemployed non consumer self where the sun don't shine.
Speaking of consumerism. Check out Adbusters. Friday is Buy Nothing Day! As I have no cash it isn't hard for me to participate. Though you wont actually catch me out there mocking shoppers. I'll mock em from here. Silly consumers. Heck I'll Even put up a nifty banner.
Notice I don't even put up the Amazon book images like that. No book links. No reading suggestions. Have fun this holiday weekend. You might want to check out the new Foamy.
More Laters















3 Comments:
i cant get my head together enough to blog, so im just reading blogs
up in grand rapids, in laws coming back saturday
took me 7 fucking hours of driving to get here!!
counted 41 cars in ditches on my way
I think it's time we all gave much of television a rest. Like the children in the Simpsons who all came outside when Krusty the Clown went off the air, I often think there's a whole world that we miss because we're so busy being zombies in front of the tube.
There's nothing wrong with a little TV. It's the degree to which we've come to rely on it that ruins our lives.
I love the concept of Buy Nothing Day. I'm in!
Sheri -- 6 hours to Grand Rapids MI? ouch that is some slow moving traffic. Glad y'all weren't one of the 41 in the ditch. I like to be up that way in the summer or fall. Used spend my summers in a camp near the manistee forest.
Carmi -- Buy nothing day totally suits my lazy lifestyle. Imagine a form of activism that actually requires me to stay home and not spend money. Heh. And as for TV I try to avoid it at all costs but my mother likes to have company during the day even if all shes going to do is sit and watch the tube, so I know more about whats going on on broadcast television than I ever wanted to know.
Post a Comment
<< Home